This is a wonderful staple to have in your fridge either to smear on crackers, use as a dip, brush over chicken breasts or water down for a wonderful drizzle across a salad. The addition of cashews and pumpkin seeds gives this pesto a really creamy, silky quality, a lot less oily than many you find!
· 100g raw cashews soaked overnight
· 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
· 2 handfuls fresh basil
· 1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley
· 1 clove garlic
· water to thin
1. I first blitz the cashew nuts in the food processor before adding in the rest of the ingredients save the water.
2. Let it run for a good minute letting all the oils from the nuts escape into the paste.
3. At a few tablespoons of water to thin down and continue until you reach your desired consistency.
4. Enjoy the plumes of the fresh basil escape as you open the lid and tuck in and enjoy!