New York Style PancakesRead More
If any of you know me well you know I’m not really a pancake kind of lady, mainly because I like savoury things for breakfast. However, these are a great one to have in your repertoire for guests and little people alike! So padding around the kitchen one Sunday morning and I decided to rustle some of these up and I have to say I really enjoyed them. I served them with some organic blueberries, banana slices and a sprinkling of cacao nibs but of course you can add lib with all the berries, honey, bacon etc you chose!
· 50 g coconut flour
· 3 free range eggs
· 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
· 50 ml Almond/Rice milk (or until the correct consistency – I am awful at measuring things out but moving forward I promise to be better!)
· 2 tsp raw honey (or of course agave of maple syrup if you would like to keep it vegan)
· Sprinkle of Himalayan Pink Salt
· ¼ tsp cinnamon
· Coconut oil for cooking
1. Add your dry ingredients to a mixing bowl; flour, baking powder, salt & cinnamon – making a well in the middle add the eggs one by one whisking briskly to combine.
2. Add the milk and the honey to make a thick silky batter.
3. Heat a good tablespoon of coconut oil in a heavy bottomed or non-stick frying pan. With coconut oil I find you often need more than you think. You will need to have a medium to high heat for this.
4. Ladle the mixture into the frying pan making each pancake approximately the size of the bottom of a mug or a coaster.
5. Wait and watch as small bubbles appear on the top of your pancake. As these bubbles appear closer to the centre of your pancake its time to flip them over. These are more akin to an American Style pancake so not shrove Tuesday dramatics here!
6. Cook for a minute or so longer on this side or until gloriously golden brown.
7. Then stack it like you mean it, destroy and enjoy!