There is a lot more going on in this picture than the lemonade however, as usual when I am popping a drink together for a guest I often forget to take a photo of it! This was a picnic that I created for some friends of mine; determined to do my own take on a traditional English high tea, but more on that later! Back to this thirst quenching delight of a drink!
· Juice of 6 limes
· 100g coconut sugar (if you are serving this to guests you may want to consider using traditional sugar for this as the coconut sugar will make the solution brown.)
· Zest of 2 limes
· 2 medium sized sprigs of fresh rosemary.
· Sparkling water to serve.
1. Place the lime juice and the sugar in a saucepan and place over a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved, stirring frequently.
2. Add in the zest and the rosemary and cook for a further few minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and let the solution cool.
4. Place in the fridge overnight before straining through a sieve.
5. Serve over ice and top up with sparkling water – I wouldn’t use San Pellegrino here as I think you need to a full fizz to really get the affect of this thirst quencher!