3 medium over ripe bananas
½ tsp vanilla paste
1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
50g organic cane sugar
3 Tbsp runny honey
55g organic demerara sugar
3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
3 ½ tsp baking powder (gluten free variety)
¾ tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
180 ml almond milk
140g ground almonds
110g gluten free oats
200g doves gluten free bread flour.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a loaf tin. I buy the loaf liners which are so convenient and quick – I buy mine from poundland.
2. Peel the bananas, place in a bowl and mash with the back of a fork.
3. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl mixing as you go, leaving the flours and oats to fold in last.
4. Pour the batter into the loaf tin and place in the oven for 1 hr. Sometimes it may need an extra 5 minutes or so. It should feel firm and be golden and crackly on the top.
5. Leave to cool completely before serving with butter (if dairy is not a concern), coconut yoghurt and fresh berries or dip it in some beaten egg and fry for a twist on French toast for the morning.