There are a huge number of recipes for these out there – all very much a variation of the same. They are not rocket science however, I always have a batch sitting in my fridge as a great alternative should I want something a little sweet with a cup of tea in the afternoon. These are also a life saver when you get to the 3pm slump at your desk!
· 110g raw cashew nuts soaked over night
· 25g desiccated coconut and more for dusting
· 1 tsp coconut oil
· 2 tbsp chia seeds
· 2 tbsp cacao nibs
· 3tbsp cacao powder
· 150 soaked medjool dates
· sprinkle of himlayan pink salt and organic cayenne pepper.
1. Having soaked the dates and the cashew nuts simply place all the above ingredients into a high speed food processor and blend for a good 3-4 minutes until you have a smooth almost truffle like texture.
2. Roll into bite size balls and then roll in additional coconut to coat.
3. I keep half of these in the freezer and half in the fridge.
On a side note don’t be fooled that these are a healthy snack – yes they are not processed and they are a great source of energy and fibre but use sparingly! Eat mindfully and enjoy!