I had recently bought some flaxseeds and chia wraps from my local gluten free isle at Waitrose as I had a hankering for a fajita one night. However, as usual when cooking for one I had seven left over! I have individually wrapped them and ziplocked them and popped them in the freezer so I can pull one out at a time – perfect! I quickly pulled one out of the freezer and lay it on the top of a towel on the Aga and within 5 minutes it had defrosted beautifully. So here is a quick and easy way to make some tortillas for some extra crunch with that salad.
· 1 gluten free wrap
· 1tsp coconut oil
· ½ avocado
· fresh chili
· organic garlic powder
· ¼ mango
· handful coriander/cilantro
· a few cherry plum tomatoes
· salt& pepper
· mixed leaves
· alfalfa sprouts
· broccolini florets
1. Cut the wrap into 8 triangular pieces just like you would a cake.
2. Lay on baking sheet and brush with coconut oil and place in the roasting oven (fan 180°C) for 8-10 minutes of until golden and crisp. They are quicker than you think!
3. Whilst they are cooking, you can make your guacamole. Start by empting the half avocado into a bowl and lightly mash it with the back of a fork. Season with salt, pepper, chillies and garlic powder and mix thoroughly.
4. Dice your mango and tomato and roughly chop the cilantro before folding these into your avocado mixture.
5. Bring your tortillas out of the oven when ready and sprinkle a little salt. I only ever use Himalayan Pink Salt so please assume this for all recipes.
6. Whilst you leave them to cool slightly you can assemble the rest of your salad.
7. Lay out your leaves, add chopped cucumber. I had some left over broccolini in the fridge so sprinkled some florets through as well.
8. Lay your tortillas around the side, framing the plate, adding a good healthy dollop of guacamole for you to dip onto. Finish with a nice handful of nutty alfalfa sprouts on the top.
Quick, easy, full of flavour and oh so yummy!