If you’re anything like me and absolutely LOVE sushi but can’t always have the motivation to make it from scratch then this beauty might just hit all the spots. This was a true creation from me raiding the fridge knowing what flavours I wanted and as usual using an avocado as the vehicle! Wonderfully versatile you could really have some fun making your own interpretation of this.
· ½ a ripe avocado
· 1 juicy dollop of hummus (see pantry items if you would like to make your own otherwise I really like Duchy’s Organic)
· ¼ tsp wasabi – adjust to your limits!
· 1tbsp tamari – or you can use soy sauce if you’re not avoiding gluten
· sprinkle of sesame seeds
· 1 nori sheet
· ¼ cucumber
· a few slices of organic smoked salmon (optional)
1. Cut your avocado in half and de-stone.
2. Mix together the wasabi and tamari and sesame seeds and drizzle half of the mixture into the middle of your avo.
3. Spoon in the hummus – enough to fill the whole left by the stone.
4. Cut up your nori sheets into squares and place on top of the hummus followed by some spiralized or grated cucumber.
5. Drizzle the rest of the tamari mixture over the topping and add a side of salmon if you wish.
Tuck in and enjoy – chopsticks not recommended for this venture!