Up until a few months a go you would never have seen me with a smoothie in my hand. I thoroughly disliked the texture of most and any shop bought ones that I had tried were sickenly sweet; and that’s is how I felt before I gave up sugar! Now, however having found a few recipes that I truly love and enjoy I find it hard to go with out them. I really like knowing how many amazing flavours, vitamins and minerals I can cram into one and if I don’t have one for breakfast I find I get a lot hungrier during the day. This however is my go to recipe, give it a try and hope you enjoy as much as I do!
· 1 handful of washed organic spinach beet (you can use kale or spinach instead)
· 1 banana
· 1 tsp coconut oil
· 1 tsp activated almond butter
· ¼ tsp organic cayenne pepper
· 1 heaped tbsp organic kale powder
· 1 heaped tbsp organic raw cacao powder
· 1 heaped tbsp organic maca powder
· 1 tsp organic Spanish bee pollen(I add this during the summer months as I find it really helps with hay-fever symptoms)
· 1 medjool date (I soak this in boiling water for a few minutes before adding to the rest of the ingredients.)
· hazelnut milk – just enough to cover the ingredients
· 4 ice cubes
I literally pop all the above ingredients into a cup and blast through the nutri-bullet. 30 seconds and voila! This is all down to taste so have a play and see what works for you.
If you find powders expensive and hard to find I would thoroughly recommend looking at Whole Foods Online! They have an amazing selection and by far the cheapest I have found. This apparently is a different company/division to Whole Foods supermarkets and you can definitely find products that are not in store. You can also source through Amazon like most things these days!