I don’t know about anyone else but I LOVE eggs for dinner! Great source of protein, a cheap meal towards the end of the month and incredibly quick. I have to admit this recipe is completely inspired by Jamie Oliver’s genius! Just as delicious but GF and DF.
For the breads:
100g GF plain bread flour
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
4 tbsp coconut yoghurt
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 tbsp mango chutney
Handful of baby spinach leaves
4 farm fresh, free range eggs
Fresh red chili
1. Lower the eggs into a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 ½ minutes – immediately cool with cold water and peel.
2. Whilst the eggs are cooking place a large frying pan on to heat up.
3. In a bowl mix the flour, garlic powder, salt, yoghurt and oil.
4. Bring the mixture into a dough, half and roll out on a flat surface to form something that looks a little like a naan bread. The dough should super soft and lovely to handle.
5. Now place the two flattened pieces of dough into the frying pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden.
6. Once the breads are cooked, place on the plate, smother with mango chutney before sprinkling with baby spinach, some chopped up chillies and coriander.
7. Finally place your eggs on top and cut open to watch the molten amber goodness ooze onto the breads.
8. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!